Two Spare Bedrooms

31 year-old woman with 0 kids, 1 husband, and 2 spare bedrooms. My journey through infertility, IVF, miscarriage, and the ultimate goal of motherhood. Scratch that - my marriage is a casualty of infertility.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Medication Anyone?

Things are moving along quite quickly with the separation. We are officially legally separated, and I will be moving out next weekend. It is sad, but I have to say, for the first time in a very long time I am excited about life. I have been on 5 interviews in the past week, and it looks like I should be able to have my pick between a couple of different positions. I hadn't been working for the past year since my position was eliminated due to a merger, and we took the opportunity to pursue IVF with the goal of me being a stay-at-home mom. Ah, the good old days.

In the midst of my depression and constant recuperation from one surgery or another, I had gained a little bit of weight. I was not obese, but on the upper end of what is normal for my height. I have been working out like a psycho and eating smaller portions, and I am happy to report that I have already lost at least 10 lbs! My belly is actually flat again! Never thought I would be happy to have a flat belly considering I was going through extraordinary means to make it huge! So I am doing well, but I am sure I will break down on the day I move out of my house. I will be living with my parents temporarily, until I decide where I want to live. I have been so angry at my ex (is he an ex if we are not divorced yet?) that I actually felt hatred, but it is starting to subside. I actually feel a little sorry for him at times. What is wrong with me? Why do I feel sorry for a man who decided to end a marriage in a matter of a day? Without even a trial separation. Oh well, the softy in me always conquers the angry side. He is a good man, we were just wrong for each other. I also believe that he was too old for me, with the 11 year age difference. Not to say that an age difference is always a problem, but in this case, he acted more like a father to me than a husband. Not very healthy at all.

So the question arises - what do I do with the stacks of fertility medication that are in my fridge? It doesn't expire for a couple of years, so do I keep it just in case for some ungodly reason I need it in the future, or do I donate it to my RE, and help some other couples to achieve their dreams? What would you do?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Nico said…

    Congrats on the 10lbs - that's great! And the job search too. I'm so impressed at how quickly you've been able to make positives out of such a shitty situation.

    As far as the meds go, I'd probably come down on the side of donating them... first of all, hopefully you won't need them in the future (you did say that the problems were mostly on your ex's side, didn't you), second, I like to believe in the 'goes around comes around' theory of life.

    I'm so glad you're doing okay. Stay strong on move out day - it does sound like *this* is for the best.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like you are doing a great job getting your life back. I am so sorry about the situation with your ex. So surprised that it happened so fast and so quickly.

    I'd give the medication away. Otherwise everytime you open your fridge you'll be reminded of all this.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Thanks for the encouragement Nico and Susan! I will take your advice and donate the meds. At least something good will come out of this for somebody!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home