Two Spare Bedrooms

31 year-old woman with 0 kids, 1 husband, and 2 spare bedrooms. My journey through infertility, IVF, miscarriage, and the ultimate goal of motherhood. Scratch that - my marriage is a casualty of infertility.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Decision Made

After flip-flopping back and forth between whether or not to have the surgery again, I called my RE and told him I was struggling with this. I didn't want to subject myself to a possibly unnecessary surgery, and was starting to think that maybe everything would be OK with the way things were. I then asked him "if it were your wife, what would you do?" Must have been a good question, because he told me he could not answer it without first looking at the pictures. He had only been told of the situation by the RE who performed the saline sono. He promised to call me the next day as soon as he saw the pictures from my chart.

This morning at about 9am, I received a call from him. My husband and I had him on speaker phone as he told me that after looking at the pictures, he feels it would be best if I had the surgery again. Believe it or not, I was relieved. I did not want to have to make that decision myself. He would check when the next surgery date was, and get back to me. This was the part that made me nervous, because I knew there was a strong possibility that I would have to wait a month before something opened up.

A couple of hours later, I received a call from the girl who schedules the surgeries, who informed me that my surgery would be this Monday!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! He scheduled a date just for me!!! I guess even he realizes I have been through hell and back and enough is enough. So I will be spending my Valentine's Day having surgery, and I am so happy about it! Hopefully, if things go well, we can get back on track with IVF #2 next month. I was really bumming the past few days about having to wait again, but in the grand scope of things, another month is not going to make a difference. If it means having healthy babies, then it is well worth it!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Nico said…

    Good luck with the surgery today. Thinking good thoughts!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home