Two Spare Bedrooms

31 year-old woman with 0 kids, 1 husband, and 2 spare bedrooms. My journey through infertility, IVF, miscarriage, and the ultimate goal of motherhood. Scratch that - my marriage is a casualty of infertility.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Does It Ever End?

I feel like I should start wearing a caution sign that reads "Don't get too happy - problems are lurking right around the corner!" I had my second RE appointment yesterday to make sure my ovaries are quiet and do the second saline sono to make sure my uterus looks normal after my surgery. The first part went well - my ovaries were nice and quiet. I then sat in the room for over an hour waiting for the RE to come in to do the saline sono. Before she did it, she wrote out my plan for the week - I was to stop the birth control pill and start Follistim each night for a week. Yeah!!! Oh, but no, she spoke too soon. She did the sono and determined that the septum is still there! What the fuck!!! I just had the surgery to correct that on December 23! I was pissed beyond belief. She compared the pictures from yesterday to the ones taken before the surgery, and said that a lot of it was removed, but there was still something there. I asked her if I should have another surgery, and she said "possibly". It is debatable, and she is checking with the RE who did my surgery to see what he thinks. I told her that I do not want to risk another miscarriage, so if it means another surgery, I will do it. I asked her if she saw somebody for the first time and they had a septum like I have right now, would she recommend surgery, and she said "yes". So bottom line is, even if my RE determines that I should not have surgery again, I know there is still a small septum there, and that means the chance for another miscarriage. I cannot take this anymore. I waited long enough for my second IVF cycle (its been almost 4 months since the miscarriage), and now if I need another operation, that will be another couple of months waiting. I was so upset yesterday, I gave myself a migraine. It just feels like this is never going to end. So now I am waiting for a phone call back from one of the REs to tell me what is going on. I will be extremely lucky if I hear from them today. They have more patients than they know what to do with, it is sickening. That's the story for now, will update more when I know more.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Nico said…

    God, that sucks! I don't know much about this (in fact I had no idea what a septum was, I had to go to WebMD to find out) - does it mean they didn't get it all in the first surgery, or does it grow back?

    I think one of the hardest parts about all this is the waiting! You can't do anything until you can get an appointment, or have tests done, blah blah blah...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home