Two Spare Bedrooms

31 year-old woman with 0 kids, 1 husband, and 2 spare bedrooms. My journey through infertility, IVF, miscarriage, and the ultimate goal of motherhood. Scratch that - my marriage is a casualty of infertility.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Heartless Valentine's Day

Surgery went well yesterday. The doctor seems to think that it may be scar tissue that grew rather than the septum, but he is not positive. He removed what he could, and inserted the balloon. After his warnings that I would be very crampy while the balloon was in, I expected to feel like I was in labor all week. But I do not even feel a tinge of a cramp, which is good and bad. Good because who the hell wants to be in pain, bad because now I am afraid the balloon fell out. The purpose of the balloon is to prevent anything from growing back. There is a "tail" on the end of the balloon which will be used to remove it, and the doc warned me that the tail may become uncoiled and be visible from outside my body. This is the case. So right now I have a pretty thick thing kind of hanging, which I keep trying to put back. Think tampon string, but the size and consistency of an electrical cord. So if everything goes well, this balloon will stay in until next Monday. I am also taking Estrogen for 3 weeks, which help the lining build up so to also prevent anything from growing back. Before any of these surgeries, my uterus was heart shaped. Hopefully now, it is pear shaped like everyone else's normal uterus, and will stay that way. I should hopefully begin the next IVF cycle in about 3 weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home