Two Spare Bedrooms

31 year-old woman with 0 kids, 1 husband, and 2 spare bedrooms. My journey through infertility, IVF, miscarriage, and the ultimate goal of motherhood. Scratch that - my marriage is a casualty of infertility.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Home Sweet Home

The house is ours again! For the past week and a half, my cousin from Florida and her two children were staying with us to attend the funeral of our grandfather. He was very ill and suffering, so I am glad that he is at peace now. I love her and her children, ages 1 and 7, so I am always excited when they come to visit. But it is always a shock when a usually quiet and peaceful home is suddenly erupt with screams and cries and the smell of poop and toy sounds and questions. I guess it is a prelude of what is to come someday.

But as much as I love her company, it is still nice to have your home back. I will be very busy today cleaning and putting away Christmas decorations. Hubby is busy watching football game, so the day is mine to enjoy at my leisure.

Discussed last night with my sister who is soon to give birth that I will be the baby's nanny when she has to return to work. I was laid off from my job last May, and have decided to try to stay at home while trying to get pregnant. If we can manage financially, I will be a stay at home mom. In the meantime, I will happily serve as nanny to my baby nephew, and will do the same for my youngest sister when the time comes. The family is so excited about these babies being born, and it is usually the topic of most conversations. Sometimes I pretend I am not there, but most times I am OK and participate. I just feel so weird and out of place. Never have felt that way with my own family, but I hope it is just a temporary feeling!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Nico said…

    Hi Lisa,

    I found your site doing a search for 'cost of IUI'. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story, and hope that doing so helps lessen the pain. At least in some small way. You seem like an amazingly strong person to be able to survive through such a heart-wrenching experience. And then to take care of your sister's kids... Amazing.

    Keep on truckin', things WILL work out for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home